Here is how I understand the LE workflow:
- Create Zone and Alias
- CNAME to zoneName-kxcdn.com
- Enable Lets Encrypt
- Delete Zone Alias <----Site is now down
- Create Zone Alias <----Site remains down unless this succeeds.
I have two issues with step 4 and 5
- When you delete the done alias, your site goes down over http.
- IF the Zone Alias fails to recreate, the only option is to:
a. Wait for the current change to propagate (5 minutes)
b. Turn off LE
c. Wait for that change to propagate (5 minutes)
d. Recreate alias
Is there a way to get Let’s Encrypt HTTPS working without bringing the HTTP site down?